inbound marketing pulls
Say hello to marketing that speaks to your prospects and pulls them in.
customized for you
Inbound marketing is personal. It lets you to get in front of prospects, “pull” them to your website or landing pages by posting content that speaks to them, converts them, and closes them.
Ad Ventures provides inbound marketing solutions that are customized for your business, and integrates them throughout your website, landing pages, blog posts, social media sites, even your SEO and pay per click advertising campaigns.
everything you need
under one umbrella
What solution is best for you?
Pay per click advertising gives your inbound marketing a jump start as you can quickly put your ads in search engine results where your prospective customers will find them. Your ads will feature a carefully-crafted balance of keywords, message and a call to action to pull prospects to your landing page or website. When your prospects click through, they’ll be greeted with a compelling reason to take the desired action.
We oversee every aspect of your paid search campaigns:
- Account set-up
- Keyword research
- Call to action planning
- Ad writing
- Testing to determine best performing ads
- Analytical reporting
- Quality score monitoring
- Competitor monitoring
- Optional: Landing page design
- Optional:Website design from the ground up, brand strategy
One key way to pull prospects your way is via search engine organic search results (SEO), and the closer to page 1, the better. How Google determines a site worth ranking high has seen a big shift in recent years.
We have worked with SEO since the mid 2000’s. We know what to do, and more importantly, what NOT to do.
The best way to execute good SEO is to build it into the framework of your website from the ground up. Your SEO planning should start during the design and content development phase, before you even begin developing your site. Most importantly, you want to set up your keywords so they don’t compete with each other.
The ideal SEO company is very knowledgeable in these areas:
- Quality content creation and copywriting for humans by copywriters with substantial experience writing for websites and working in target keyword phrases.
- Keyword distribution: do you sprinkle keywords throughout the site or in more targeted areas? This is one of the most important areas of SEO specialization to master and we’ve done just that.
- Website Accessibility ‐ A good SEO company will be able to determine if navigation is intuitive and linking structure is easy to follow for both human readers and search engine robots. SEO companies that are not skilled in HTML development often error in creating keywords as graphics, which are not readable by search engine robots.
- Search Engine penalties ‐ A good SEO company must not only know good SEO but bad SEO as well to know how to spot existing bad SEO and remove it. If your SEO company doesn’t find it, we guarantee that Google and other search engines will if they already haven’t, penalize your site, and bump you down the list.
Common errors made by “SEO” and web development companies that don’t have a deep knowledge of SEO:
- Fail to set up Google or Bing webmaster tools to oversee 404 / page-not-found errors, duplicate content errors, and even robot txt block errors ‐ (It’s surprising, but it’s more common than you think that web developers forget to remove robot text blocks from their website test sites before launching a site live. No matter how much SEO you put into your site, a robot text block literally blocks a search engine from scanning the site and including it in its search results.)
- Not optimizing for speed utilizing Google Page Insights tips and tools.
- Not putting important keywords in HTML, instead of producing them as graphics ‐ Search engines can’t read graphics and your keywords go to waste when designed as a graphic. Sure, you can place assign “alt tags” to images, but they don’t carry near the level of impact that HTML keywords do.
- Not planning landing pages.
What to look out for:
- Don’t hire a company to handle your SEO simply because their own site is on page 1 Google results. This doesn’t necessarily mean they know SEO.
Some of the biggest SEO offenders are web design companies that, inadvertently, currently rank on Google page 1 as a result of nothing they did. Testing their website code and SEO, it is clear to us that they know very little about correct search engine optimization. How can this be? We have a nickname for it. We call it Google’s “the rich get richer” scheme which affects websites in many industries. There are companies out there that have poor websites, poorly optimized, yet manage to rank high in Google search results. They rank high because they got on page 1 early on, many years ago. They get a lot of clicks, simply by default being on page 1, and that tells Google that they must be “popular” and, therefore, Google keep these sites on page 1. That’s a very fragile position to be in, and it’s only a matter of time before Google gets around to removing these sites from page 1 organic search results.
- Don’t hire a company that exclusively specializes in SEO. Hire a company for all of their design, development and SEO expertise because design and development hugely affects SEO. A true SEO expert understands that doing SEO right means implementing it at the start of design and development and not as an afterthought. There are too many developers or unemployed individuals out there who have poor skillsets and turn to SEO without sufficient expertise because it’s a way to make a quick buck and they know it’s difficult for others to verify their true skillset. (We know this based on our regular interviewing and testing of web developers’ sites.) These people can do great damage to your SEO efforts.
There are likely many companies that exclusively specialize in SEO and that do a good job, but we believe there is such an overwhelming number of SEO companies who do more harm than good, that the odds aren’t good that you’ll achieve success hiring a person or company that exclusively specializes in SEO. The safer bet is to hire an established web design/development company that offers SEO as one of several specialties.
Ad Ventures is highly skilled at proper and modern search engine optimization, and continually studies and stays on top of Google algorhytm changes and techniques since it began offering SEO as a service in the mid 2000’s.
Contact Ad Ventures for a free SEO audit of your site and we’ll give you an honest assessment if it makes sense to “add” SEO into your site, start over with a site redesign or simply add an optimized landing page.
Our SEO specialties:
- Search engine optimization
- SEO copywriting
- Technical optimization
- Site speed optimization
- Site link structure planning
- Content marketing
- Inbound marketing
- Local search updating and optimization
- Image search optimization
- Google webmaster tools set-up and installation
- Google analytics installation
- Bing webmaster tools set-up and installation
- Google Places set-up
- Bing Places set-up
- Google Plus
- Social media set-up and installation on your website
- Landing page design & development
Landing pages are important parts of online campaigns. Savvy online marketers understand that landing pages should serve as a key function of your overall website marketing strategy. They should be used, not only for paid search advertising, but optimized for organic search engine results too. Ideally, you have a landing page for every target keyword phrase in every local market you are targeting.
We take a similar thoughtful approach to planning landing pages, as we do when planning website home pages. They should be clean and simple and direct the eye to exactly where you want it to go. They also should include brand strategy, good design and differentiating sales messaging, a strong call to action, and a mechanism that allows for frequent article updating to keep content fresh.
With fresh, fast-loading content, well-named URLs, keywords that don’t compete with keywords in other pages in your site, etc., it is very doable to move your landing pages onto Google page 1 in organic search engine results.
Our landing page services:
- Call to action planning
Your blog builds the foundation of your inbound and social media marketing. Every post, article, or video that gets posted to your blog, also gets posted on all your social media channels practically simultaneously, so that they are all working together, generating social media traffic full circle back to your website.
And the way we design and program your website blog, it’s easy for you or your marketing personnel to update it and your website visitors to read and share it.
So, view your blog not as a stand-alone page, but a key inbound marketing component integrated into your website where blog articles and videos appear throughout your website pages, i.e., on your home page, at the bottom of your landing pages, and in a designated blog section.
The key is updating it frequently (minimum once a month) by adding short post or in-depth educational articles so that Google and other search engines recognize your website as one that provides fresh, quality content. And your social media and blog followers can look forward to consistent updates that take them through the buying process from awareness, interest, desire and action.
Our blog services:
- Import of previous WordPress blog databases
- Training how to upload articles
Effectively utilizing social media allows you to pull in followers to your social media sites and websites. It also enhances your SEO ranking with Google. So, you benefit from interacting directly with your followers, and your overall SEO efforts also benefit.
Once your social media accounts are created, including share and follow buttons integrated into your websites, you can post a little or a lot. How much time you want to invest is up to you. But, when set up correctly, the process is seamless and relatively fast.
Our social media services
Social media marketing planning
Once your target demographic is identified, we recommend the social media channels to align your business with and put in place a marketing plan.
Social media channel selection
The most popular and a few of our favorites include:
- Google Plus
- Linked In
Social media account set-up
We often do this simultaneously with local listing set-up. It’s important for SEO that your business description on your social media pages appear exactly the same way throughout your social media and local listing accounts.
Business description copywriting
Your business description appears in every social media and local listing, so we write or edit a positioning statement that describes your company product or services along with features and benefits.
Social media custom page design
We design social media pages for your business.
Social media website integration
Share and follow social media buttons are integrated in your website so that your site visitors can easily share your blog articles. This helps you build your back-links and build traffic back to your website.
Social media content creation and management
We assist in content planning and creating educational material, and post photos, comments and articles to your social media pages. We also share your website blogs on your social media pages.
Social media analytics
We track the content that works the best and adjust your campaigns accordingly.
Summary of our social media services:
- Social media marketing plan
- Custom design
- Campaign planning
- Content Creation
- Website programming
6. EMAIL & PRESS RELEASES
Permission-based email marketing has proven the test of time, coming into popularity in the early 2000’s, sliding off in perceived value due to overwhelming spam issues, and popping back up in recent years as a reliable, affordable source of quality lead generation. Spam now under better control, email users understand that permission-based email advertisers deliver content of interest and value into their inboxes. They know this because they opted in and signed up to receive emails from the advertisers that email them.
So, just like building your social media list over time, you also want to build upon your email list over time by providing opt-in email sign-up forms on your website.
Ad Ventures has been providing email permission-based marketing services since about 2000, and we know there is an art to doing it right. For example, you want to be sure to include HTML text above the fold for Outlook users who can’t see images until they download images. And you want to make sure that the title and call to action are strong and clear.
We distribute bulk email campaigns via third party email distribution services like Mailchimp or Campaign Monitor. When sending out press releases that we write on behalf of our clients, we distribute those via a client’s permission-based email list, their social media sites, your blog and press release distribution services.
Summary of our email, e-newsletter and press release services:
- Email sign-up form design for your website
- Email sign-up form programming
- Third party email solution set-up
- Custom design of opt-in confirmation emails
- Email content planning and writing
- HTML email design
- List management
- Email send services
- Email stat reporting
- Press release writing and distribution
With experience, knowledge gets direction.
Ad Ventures InBound Marketing is a division of Ad Ventures Brand-Strategy-Design, doing business for over 25 years.